When you’re playing Hogwarts Legacy you’ll quickly learn that magic is definitely one of the most important aspects of the game but besides this you’ll also have a huge selection of Talents and abilities, which will definitely help better your overall Hogwarts experience.
This article will work as a guide and explain everything about these upgrades, ranging from their names, uses and how to acquire them.
What exactly do Talents do
In Hogwarts Legacy you will have about 50 different Talents available to you in total, these Talents have been split into five different categories. In order for your character to unlock a Talent you will have to spend one of your Talent points, which you will receive for each level you level up to after Level 5.
These Talents are great because they will allow you to better customise your gameplay experience to your liking, because the different Talents that you pick will allow you to be able to cast different types of magic. These Talents don’t only do this but they’ll also be used by your character to upgrade your spells, plants and even potions, in order to increase your characters overall power.
The Different Types of Talents
When you play Hogwarts Legacy you’ll come across 50 different Talent options and each of them have been put into one of these five categories:
- Spells – all of the Talents that have been put into this category will basically enhance your casted spells. This category has ten Talents within itself.
- Dark Arts – all of the Talents that have been put in this category will enhance your casted dark arts spells and curses. This category has ten Talents within itself.
- Core – all of the Talents that have been put in this category will enhance your character’s overall effectiveness. This category has seventeen Talents within itself.
- Stealth – all of the Talents that have been put in this category will enhance your character’s ability to sneak around. This category has four Talents within itself.
- Room of Requirements – all of the Talents that have been put in this category will improve your character’s abilities within the Room of Requirements. This category has eight Talents within itself.
- Incendio Mastery – casting the Incendio spell will essentially unleash a ring of fire around your character.
- Accio Mastery – if you cast the Accio spell then all of the enemies that are in your close vicinity will all be pulled to you.
- Levioso Mastery – the mastery of Levioso will allow you to levitate the enemies that are near the target you’re originally levitating.
- Confringo Mastery – when you make impact with a target, using the Confringo spell, it will produce a load of fiery bolts that will seek out any enemies that are nearby.
- Depulso Mastery – the mastery of the Depulso will allow you to give off an additional blast to all things directly around you.
- Diffindo Mastery – the Diffindo Mastery casts out a bunch of slices that will impact enemies that will strike additional targets.
- Bombarda Mastery – when you cast Bombarda it will let out an explosive blast, which will have an effect on a pretty large area.
- Descendo Mastery – when you successfully cast a Descendo slam onto a target it will create a damaging shockwave around it as well.
- Glacius Mastery – when you attack an enemy, which has been frozen by your Glacius spell, it will blast out damaging shards from the target.
- Transformation Mastery – this spell allows enemies that have been struck by your Transformation spell to turn into an explosive object.
- Stunning Curse – the Stupefy spell has the exact same effect on enemies as a curse but the cursed enemies will instead take even more damage.
- Blood Curse – this is a really good spell because when you start to deal damage to a cursed target it will actually start to damage other targets that have also been cursed.
- Disarming Curse – this curse has the exact same effect on enemies as the Expelliarmus curse but instead the cursed enemies will be taking more damage.
- Knockback Curse – this curse has the same effect on enemies as the Flipendo spell but will deal increased damage to cursed enemies.
- Enduring Curse – this allows the cursed effect to remain for longer on enemies.
- Slowing Curse – this curse essentially has the exact same effect on enemies as Arresto Momentum, however the difference is that cursed enemies will endure a lot more damage.
- Imperio Mastery – when an enemy is under your control, through the use of the Imperio, will go and curse other targets with a successful strike.
- Crucio Mastery – if you manage to successfully strike an enemy, who has been cursed by Crucio, it will lead them to release a projectile, which will curse an enemy who is nearby.
- Avada Kedavra Mastery – Not only will you be able to kill any enemy with one hit, using Avada Kedavra, but you’ll also be able to kill all enemies that have been cursed.
- Curse Sapper – this allows you to restore some of your characters health when you defeat a cursed enemy.
- Ancient Magic Throw Expertise – this spell will allow you to not only catch the weapons of disarmed enemies but also throw them.
- Basic Cast Mastery – the impact of your basic cast mastery will reduce the cooldown of your other spells.
- Protego Absorption – when you are able to use a Protego block successfully then it will add to the Ancient Magic metre. Furthermore if you get a perfect block it will contribute even more.
- Swift – this is a lot better than your regular dodge as it will allow you to vanish quickly and then reappear in a spot nearby.
- Spell Knowledge 1 – once this is unlocked then a whole new Spell Set will be added. In order for your character to swap to the newly unlocked Spell Set you’ll have to hold your right trigger and tap the d-pad on a controller or use your mouse wheel to swap, for those on keyboard and mouse.
- Spell Knowledge 2 – this will add yet another Spell Set. so, just like the previous Spell Knowledge you’ll just need to hold your right trigger and tap the d-pad on a controller or use your mouse wheel to swap, for those on keyboard and mouse, to select the new Spell Set.
- Wiggenweld Potency 1 – this spell will be able to heal your Hogwarts Legacy character to an even greater effect than usual.
- Spell Knowledge 3 – this will add yet another Spell set and just like the previous two upgrades you’ll need to hold your right trigger and tap the d-pad on a controller or use your mouse wheel to swap, for those on keyboard and mouse, to select the new Spell Set.
- Revelio Mastery – this talent upgrade will just increase the overall range of your Revelio spell.
- Basic Cast Airborne Absorption – when you cast the Basic Cast spell on airborne enemies it will now be able to add even more to your Ancient Magic metre.
- Protego Expertise – when you manage to perfectly block an incoming attack using Protego it will then send two projectiles straight back to the enemies.
- Evasion Absorption – if you are able to evade an unblockable attack successfully, while using a dodge then this will add to the Ancient Magic metre.
- Stupefy Mastery – now with the mastery of Stupefy your enemies, who you have stunned, will remain this way for a longer period of time.
- Wiggenweld Potency 2 – this Wiggenweld spell will be able to heal you to a much greater extent.
- Stupefy Expertise – the Stupefy Expertise will allow your Stupefy spells to now deal direct damage as soon as it makes impact with its target.
- Protego Mastery – when you manage to get a perfect Protego it will now release a damaging blast, which will actually be able to break your enemies shields.
- Sense of Secrecy 1 – this will lower your enemies ability to be able to detect you when you are busy sneaking around.
- Human Demiguise – this is a very useful upgrade as it will allow you to still be able to sprint even when you are using Disillusionment.
- Sense of Secrecy 2 – all of your enemies abilities to detect you are even further reduced.
- Petrificus Totalus Mastery – this spell can be useful in certain situations and battles as it is able to emanate an area of an effect, which can result in impacting nearby enemies.
Room of Requirement
- Edurus Potion Potency – this upgrade will make your Hogwarts Legacy character invulnerable and gain the ability to deflect incoming projectile attacks back to the enemies.
- Fertiliser – this is a pretty cool spell for those looking to have a lot of Chinese Chomping Cabbages because for each one thrown, another will be generated and released at no additional cost.
- Invisibility Potion Potency – this upgrade essentially extends the duration of how long the Invisibility Potion’s undetectable effect lasts on your character.
- Maxima Potion Potency – when this is activated your character will now gain a lot more damage with each of their attacks and will be able to break enemies shields.
- Headache – this upgrade will essentially just increase the damage as well as duration of the incapacitating effect that the Mandrakes have.
- Thunderbrew Potency – this upgrade will essentially greatly increase both the range and damage of this potions effect.
- Focus Potion Potency – this upgrade will increase the duration that the Focus Potion has whilst any other spell from your Spell Set is cast during its use.
- Noxious – this upgrade will allow for an increase in damage as well as the ability to break shields to your Venomous Tentacula attacks.
So, there you have a full guide of all of the talents and abilities that the Hogwarts Legacy game has to offer you. Remember that you don’t get unlimited talent points, so you won’t be able to purchase each one of these upgrades, so make sure to read through them and decide which ones will be most important to you and your Hogwarts Legacy character.