The slim, futuristic designed and ultra-lightweight VR headset is compatible with SteamVR. It was first introduced at CES 2020 and has since then gone through a series of iterations shown at different trade shows. But now it seems like it is finally time to launch. According to the company the headset will be available in Mar-April 2023.
We are very exited about this launch to say the least. In the VR headset space a lot of the alternatives are a bit bulky and quite frankly rather boring/ugly in terms of design. In that sense, the MeganeX will come as a breath of fresh air and hopefully propel the industry further.
“These are equipped with a 5.2 K/10 bit HDR micro OLED display by Kopin and pancake lens by Panasonic.”
“A folding frame with built-in speakers makes it easy to carry around. It supports 6DoF and lets you enjoy a variety of SteamVR-enabled VR applications.”
Panasonics’s Shiftall are launching two versions of the headset, the MeganeX and the MeganeX business edition. The consumer version of the MeganeX will be priced at $1,699 and the business version is not yet priced. The consumer version is designed to be comfortable for heavy users that spends a lot of time gaming. The business edition is instead designed with many different users in mind.
- Price: $1,699
- Displays: 1.3inch Micro OLED 10 bit HDR
- Lens: Pancake Lens
- Resolution: 2,560 × 2,560 pixels per eye (5,120 x 2,560 pixels combined)
- Display colors: 1.07 billion from HDR 10-bit palette
- IPD: 56-72 mm
- Adapter for eyeglass lenses: Included
- Diopter Adjustment: –
- Weight: Approx. 320g, including outside-in adapter 385g. (Excluding cable)
- Fixing method: Forehead pad, temples, backside band
- Audio Output: Built-in speaker 3.5mm 4-pole mini plug jack
- Audio input (microphone): Built-in dual microphones with beamforming or 3.5mm 4-pole mini plug jack
- Processor: Snapdragon® XR1 Platform
- Tracking: 6DoF head tracking with Inside-out
6DoF head tracking with Lighthouse *Requires Base Station 1.0 or 2.0
- Connection: PC: DisplayPort + USB2.0
Headset: USB Type-C *Use converter box (included)
- In the box: MeganeX / Converter box / USB Type-C Cable (3m) / Outside-in adapter / Adapter for eyeglass lenses / Documents (Safety Guide / Warranty)
MeganeX Business edition – Specs that differ from the consumer version
- Price: TBA
- IPD: 62-72mm
- Diopter Adjustment: 0D to -7D)
- Adapter for eyeglass lenses: Included (Support for astigmatism and high myopia/farsightedness）
- Weight: Approx. 330g, including outside-in adapter 395g. (Excluding cable)
- Fixing method: Nose pad, temples, backside band
- In the box: MeganeX Business Edition / Converter box / USB Type-C Cable (3m) / Outside-in adapter / Adapter for eyeglass lenses / Carrying Case / Documents (Safety Guide / Warranty)
Minimum Computer Specs
- Processor: Intel ® Core™ i3-8100T or AMD Ryzen™ 3 2300X equivalent or greater
- GPU: GeForce® RTX 20 Series / RTX 30 Series / RTX 40 series or later
*Cannot work with PCs equipped with graphics boards other than those listed above, such as the AMD Radeon series, etc.
- Memory: 8 GB RAM or more
- Connection: DisplayPort 1.4
USB2.0 or newer
- Operating system: Windows® 10
- Supported VR platforms: SteamVR
* Specifications will be modified when launched.