As those Apple fans know, iMessage is Apple’s built-in instant messaging service. This messaging service is loaded with a lot of interesting features including the ability to send text, pictures video, sound and location to other iPhone, iPad, Mac or Apple Watch users.
iMessage also allows you to transfer money person to person and send fully encrypted messages. You also get a huge selection of emojis to use in your messaging.
While iMessage may be built-in to various Apple products, many people who have a PC want to be able to use iMessage on their PC that uses Windows. But exactly why would individuals want to put on iMessage on a PC that already has it’s own messaging system when if they want to add an additional messaging app WhatsApp is available to Windows PC users. Here are a few of those reasons:
- People who have iPhones or other Apple devices may have a PC that has a Windows operating system and want to be able to use iMessage across all of their devices.
- While WhatsApp is great iMessage simply offers more features that users want to be able to use than what is available on Whatsapp.
- Using iMessage on a PC allows you to have access to a larger keyboard making messaging faster. It also gives you access to a larger screen to make it easier to read your messages and to send messages to your friends who have iMessage.
- Some people are simply tech geeks and enjoy experimenting with adding apps to their computer especially if doing so requires some technical knowledge.
- Some people want to put iMessage on their PC for the same reason some people want to climb mountains, simply because it is there and they want to see if they can do it.
Should You Put iMessage on Your PC?
Only you can decide whether or not you should put iMessage on your PC. However, since putting iMessage on your PC is not as simple as adding a normal App and requires a roundabout path to accomplish your goal it may not be wise for those with little or no technical knowledge to attempt to put iMessage on their PC themselves.
Your best bet may be to get a friend who is more technically savvy or who have already added iMessage to their own PC to walk you through the process. In addition, if you are satisfied with the messaging system you have, you may not want to add another messaging service just because you can.
However, if you really want to be able to use all the features that iMessage has to offer on your PC then putting iMessage on your PC may be worth while. There are various ways that you can add iMessage to your Windows PC and the following link explains several of these ways. You can the way that appeals to you the most or seems to be the easiest to achieve.