Table of Contents
What’s the Most Popular Subaru Model?
Subaru or Subie has become synonymous with elegance and performance — a real deal for those in the market for mid-level sports cars. Its strengths lie in its flat engine, symmetrical all-wheel drive, and safety system. In fact, Subaru has been consistently named as the Most Trusted Brand by a known car valuation company in the U.S.
So, which Subaru is the most popular if not the best among the crowd of car buyers and experts? With these top choices, which could be the one for you?
The Versatile Subaru Outback
Type Subaru in an online search bar and the suggested word that comes next is Outback. This model is indeed the most closely identified with the brand.
And it has every right to claim as such, the Subaru Outback has ranked consistently on the list of top cars or best car brands in the U.S.
- Some call it an all-rounder because it can cover tracts of mud, sand, and rugged terrain to live up to its name, and can also be just any car hauling people and stuff.
- Some are however confused on whether it is an SUV or a station wagon.
- Well, the nameplate refers to the Outback station wagon that Subaru has been actively making since 1994, and the Outback Sport, hatchback model that was discontinued in 2011.
So, you can say that the Outback that we have now is the station wagon type with fuel economy and roomy capacity for people and cargo.
The latest Outback
The 2019 Subaru Outback has a ground clearance of 8.7 inches, storage of up to 73.3 cubic feet, and MPG of up to 32/25. MPG or miles per gallon is used to compare the fuel efficiency of cars.
The latest Outback starts at an MSRP of $26.3K for 2.5i. For the 2.5i, you have a choice between the premium, limited and touring models. Meanwhile, the 3.6R build has limited and touring for its choices.
The Mini But Compact Subaru Forester
Subaru Forester was hailed among the best cars for 2017. This is according to Consumer Reports, a non-profit organization that provides independent reviews on products ranging from cars, appliances, and insurance.
- In the small SUV category, Subaru Forester fits the bill of the organization’s criteria for safety, reliability and owner satisfaction.
- This compact sedan packs large as it can accommodate five people and consumes less fuel, being one of its best selling points.
- Subaru Forester is also a regular on the top 10 lists of compact SUVs and crossover SUVs.
The Third Favorite: Subaru Impreza
If Mitsubishi has the Lancer, then Subaru has the Impreza. The Impreza can be the four-door sedan or hatchback (five doors if you think of the rear order.
The Impreza has the boxer engine whose performance is even more evident Subaru in Impreza WRX.
WRX, World Rally Experimental or World Rally Cross, has a higher horsepower with four-cylinder engines, suspensions, and all-wheel-drive systems. The WRX has STI or Subaru Tecnica International, Limited and Premium versions.